We’re Steve and Ann Teget and we live in a small, rural town in southeast Nebraska where the corn is knee high by the 4th of
July June and there’s usually someone you know in every aisle at Walmart. We love it here, but we also love to see new places and experience new things. So we travel. And we write colorful stories about the places we’ve been and the experiences we’ve shared in hopes of influencing others to just #goplaces!
For a long time, we focused on our careers and spent more than two decades in public education and corporate America. Like many others, we ran the rat race year after year and longed for the days when we could take a real vacation without having to worry about checking our emails or answering phone calls. Then, enough was enough. Ann stopped working in 2014 when she was diagnosed with a chronic illness and after months of consideration and prayer, Steve quit his job as a middle school principal in 2017 so we could enjoy more time together and explore some other opportunities.
For now, we’re taking some time to focus on health, family, ministry, travel, and whatever else makes us smile. We’re glad you’re here and hope you’ll come along on our journey.
Oh, and don’t forget to send us a postcard at P.O. Box 334, Crete, NE 68333. We’d love to see where you’ve been.
More fun facts
- We absolutely love Nebraska Cornhusker football and anxiously count the days until the next kickoff when we can eat Runzas and yell “Go Big Red.” Don’t know what Runza is? It’s worth a trip to Nebraska to find out.
- Ann had a daughter when she was 24 and raised her as a single parent until she met Steve and they were married in 2011.
- Our daughter, Meghan, graduated from the University of Nebraska – Omaha with a degree in Spanish and she is now applying to nursing schools. She also loves to travel and even wrote a guest post for us called, “What I learned traveling with my mom.”
- Steve is great at card tricks and often entertains random people in airports with his magic.
- Neither of us was married until we were 38 and 42. We dated for a year and had a short engagement. We bought a house, finished the basement and planned a formal wedding in less than two months (and took a two-week vacation during that time, as well).
- Steve is a big fan of bacon.
- Ann is obsessed with cleaning the kitchen counters.
- Steve was a four-year varsity letterman in fencing at Lawrence University. Ann was a two-time state champion golfer at Crete High School
For a glimpse into our lives
As always, thanks for sharing (and Pinning)!